Find a small task for now
- Ever got a min with not much to do?
- Do you ever feel that the EA community spends too much time talking and not enough time acting?
- Have you never volunteered your time but want to put time into effective actions without too much commitment?
- Want to do something effective with your time but do not know what?
Then indicate how much time you have right now (be it one minute or twenty) and find a task here:
Created and maintained by Sam and Jacob Hilton
Select EA actions and resources on them
- Donate to charity - pick one using recommendations from GiveWell or Animal Charity Evaluators, and use this interactive tool to find to tax-efficient GiveWell charities in your country
- Meet up with local EAs - find a local group, or contact people yourself
- Run a birthday or Chistmas fundraiser - let your friends and family know they can donate on your behalf as a present, and take advantage of Charity Science's matching scheme
- Share your giving - to influence and motivate others and establish a norm of giving, join the EA Donation Registry (and take the Life You Can Save or Giving What We Can pledges to donate 1% or 10% of your lifetime income to help people in extreme poverty)
- Volunteer for EA projects - you can record your interest and skills via this form
- Try vegetarianism or veganism - here are some guides
- Run a Giving Game - promote cost-effective giving with The Life You Can Save's scheme
- Finally, make a will bequeathing money - see my simple will-writing guide
Fuller lists of EA actions
We maintain two fuller lists of EA actions. One is the EA Wiki page What small things can an EA do?, which anyone can add to. The other is the Trello board that powers the small EA task suggester above.